As the oldest dinner theater in NE Wisconsin, we are working hard to provide our patrons with an enjoyable theater experience. Our home, the Park Avenue Playhouse, is a very old building that is rich in history for the Oconto area. As such, it—like all old buildings—is in need of a lot of TLC. Below is a partial list of what we are looking at accomplishing over the next few years:
• A new HVAC system to replace our current one (which is a loud, noisy, modine heater that is suspended from the ceiling and must be turned off in order for our patrons to hear the performance.)
• We would also like to add air conditioning to the hall so we could have summer performances.
• New windows to replace the 12' high, single-pane ones that are currently doing their best to keep out the wind and snow.
• A handicap-accessible entrance. Updated bathrooms.
• More comfortable chairs (at the avid request of our patrons!) Siding, roofing, landscaping, etc.
As a small, community theater, we rely on the generosity of our patrons and surrounding communities to 'keep our curtains opening, season after season'. Income from our seasonal performances covers the royalties for future plays, nominal set-building costs, and keeps the lights turned on and the water running. The costs involved in maintaining our hall, which is more than 100 years old, is simply not something we can squeeze into a budget. For that reason, we will be having many fund-raising events throughout the upcoming months. Please watch for them, and attend if you are able! If you wish to help us with a monetary donation , you can donate via Paypal by using the link to the left. Remember, as a registered 501[c]3 nonprofit organization, donations made to the Machickanee Players are tax-deductible. Thank you for your support . . . We hope to see you at the next performance!